Wednesday, April 27, 2005

 

Yay For Ordering Online

My favourite thing about ordering things online is how pessimistic the shipping time estimates are. You order something, they tell you it will take forever to arrive, and then before you've even managed to get your credit card back in your wallet, it's there.

A little while ago I preordered some books. The cheapest and slowest option was going to take 4 to 6 weeks. Okay I figured. The orders started to ship in the 22nd of April. And mine arrived yesterday (I just went and picked it up). I'm wondering if I went for the $65 (US) shipping if they would have arrived the day before I placed the order.

And the cool thing is, it's not like this is an isolated case. Everything I have ever ordered online, regardless of who I'm buying it from, has arrived much quicker than the specified time. In fact, the worst experience I've ever had ordering online was when I was notified that a package had been delayed by US Customs because they thought the package was too heave to just be books. The package arrived safe and sound two days later (the tracking system said it was still in the US...)

So yay for ordering online!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?