Thursday, May 12, 2005

 

Free Time? What's That?

I've been thinking about buying World of Warcraft for a few months now, but basically figured that since I have no where near enough free time as it is, it was a really stupid idea.

So yesterday I went and picked up a copy.

As I think I've mentioned before, I think Blizzard are a really awesome game company. They produce quality games, but they also treat MacOS with a lot of respect. They usually ship a Mac version at the same time they release the PC version, and even when there's a delay between the versions (like Diablo II), once the Mac version is ready, all their CDs are hybrids (meaning you don't need to buy the game twice if you're switching platforms).

The first cool thing I discovered when I got the box open was a 10-day free pass. So I can lend my CDs to a friend to install (since you have to authicate each time you play, you don't need to actually have a CD in your machine), and he can see if he likes the game for free. Very cool - especially for my mate Will who isn't sure if his 56k connection will be fast enough.

Long story short - at 11:30 last night I finally had a working copy of World of Warcraft up and running on my machine. Now I just need to find some time to play the thing...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?