Friday, September 30, 2005

 

Serenity

Although I was the one that let several people know about the advanced screenings of Serenity, I had to miss out (what with going overseas and all). But since the movie was officially released last night, I finally got the chance to go and see it.

One word: AWESOME!

I don't want to say much about the movie for risk of ruining it for anyone - there were a few moments that I completely didn't see coming, but probably could have guessed if I'd had even a hint. I'd be interested to hear what people who hadn't seen the Firefly series thought of the movie - what is it like when you don't already have an emotional investment in the characters?

It still left me with the bitter-sweet feeling I've always had at the end of a Firefly episode - what I've just watched has been very amazing, but I'm now that much closer to never being able to see another new story.

Oh, and I'd been vaguely wondering how they were going to do the mandatory space-ship fight scene (since this is a sci-fi movie) when the main ship doesn't have any weapons. Very cool.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?