Friday, December 30, 2005

 

Just Seen: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Finally. We'd only been trying to see it for three weeks.

I had been really impressed with Alfonso CuarĂ³n's directing style for the last Harry Potter movie (the Prisoner of Azkaban), and I was please that Mike Newell decided to keep the same look and feel for Goblet of Fire.

Goblet of Fire, for anyone who hasn't read the series, is the point where things start to get really interesting for Harry and his friends. I heard somewhere that when Spielberg was considering directing the series, he wanted to roll the first three books into one movie, so they could get to Goblet of Fire quickly.

The story is pretty much the same as pretty much every year at Hogwarts for Harry - he arrives at school admid rumours of badness happening, he has to deal with his homework, he and his friends have a fight, Lord Voldermort appears in some form or other, Harry manages to survive, the school year finishes. Rinse and repeat.

Goblet of Fire is a pretty massive book, so they script writers took to it with an axe. Gone is pretty much everything that isn't essential to the main plot. Not that it was a bad thing, although I wonder if I'd have been scratching my head about anything had I not read the book.

I probably can't say enough good thigns about this movie. Visually it was beautiful. It's always nice seeing characters come to life on the big screen. I felt for (and at times wanted to slap some of) the characters just as much as I do when I read the story. And Ralph Fiennes was a great pick for Lord Voldermort.

So yeah, bring on Order of the Pheonix!

Comments:
Thanks for this wonderful post. The information in this article is very helpful to me. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.
Interest Waypoint
For More best truth or dare questions for girls
Best Truth or Dare Questions for Girls
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?