Thursday, January 05, 2006

 

Hackathon: 1pm

Coffee: 3

I'm in the process of adding locks to doors. I've also added the beginnings of an equipment system. None of them do anything yet, but it does look kind of pretty.

I decided to redesign how the rooms are generated, and so I've ended up with something much simpler. Instead of having to list all of the points, you now just need specify the top left corner of the room, and it's width and height. I decided not to worry about non-rectangular rooms, since it's pretty easy to duplicate one using multiple rooms and doors.

Moving the various people around the map is still throwing up quirks. I have a feeling I'll have to scrap the whole system and redo it, but I think I'll put that off for the moment.

Here's another screen shot.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?