Thursday, January 05, 2006

 

Hackathon: 4:30am

Coffee: 3

Just over half way through. I've managed to convince the guards to move through the doors now. They potter around aimlessly until they hear a noise, and then come running. For a while they would occasionally get to a door and just stand there being confused, but I fixed that.

The do still occasionally dive across a room at an amazing speed. I'm not quite sure why, but I suspect it's got something to do with the very confusing doorway code I wrote a few hours ago.

I think I'm going to start adding some of the more interesting things, like "alarms" and "security cameras" soon.

Here's a screen shot:
It's partly crappy because when I converted it to a jpeg it screwed up a bit, but mostly because I'm not great at making things pretty. But the red blob does pulse, and it looks kind of cool!

If anyone's interested, the map format is fairly simple. The definition for the "Engine" room is
Room:Engine|20,20 20,50 80,50 80,20|60,6,60,19|
The first lot of numbers are the co-ordinates of the room, and the second lot are the co-ordinates of any doors (rooms can have more than one door obviously). Currently you can also define people (guards, etc), but that's it.

I think I've busted through that "gee I'm tired wall" and I'm safely in the slightly crazy, hyper stage. It's probably a good thing there's no one to talk to.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?