Wednesday, March 01, 2006

 

Just Read: February

Hmmm, not having a couple of weeks off work really cut into my reading time this month...

High Fidelity by Nick Hornby
Discovered: Another "gift" from Amazon. I'd been wanting to read it ever since I saw the movie a few years ago.
About It: Rob is a 30-something guy who owns a record shop and loves music. Oh, and his girlfriend has just left him. He decides that he needs to go and talk to his "top five breakup" girls to try and work out why he's so messed up. A lot of his revelations during the story made me go "well duh", but maybe that's just me. It was funny, interesting and cool. Plus, all the music references made me realize my music collection is seriously lacking (apparently you aren't considered a serious person unless you own over 500 albums)
My Rating: 3.5/5

A Game of Thrones RPG by Guardians of Order
Discovered: At CanCon, after hearing nothing but good stuff about it
About It: Okay, so this is an RPG, and so doesn't really belong here (plus, it reveals even further how nerdy I am). But I have to say it's fantastic. It's based on the fantastic Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin, and the game captures the feel of the books perfectly. It's the best implementation of the D20 system I've seen.
My Rating: 4/5

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?