Monday, April 03, 2006

 

Just Watched: Angel 01:14

We're currently a little over half way through season 4/season 1 of Buffy and Angel. While I've seen most of the episodes before, it's been a while. Last night we watched an episode of Angel that, while I'm sure I saw when it was first on, I'd totally forgotten about - I've Got You Under My Skin.

Wow. That was one seriously creepy episode. (well, up until the standard twist at the end. Not that the twist was bad, it just wasn't up to the standard of the rest of the story). It had a different feeling to normal - it was darker than the series had been to this point, but it also had a very personal feel to it. No end-of-the-world, ancient prophecy stuff. It also had a serious sense of desperation to it - no one was in good position to save the day (until, of course, Angel remembered he's an undead hero).

I would love to see a series that captured the feel of the first half of that episode. I think I know just how it would go (or start off anyway). Maybe I'll write it up sometime...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?