Wednesday, May 24, 2006

 

Yay! Feedback!

I got some feedback recently about how I've been working. Fortunately it was better than Lindsay's "be nicer and dumber" - apparently I'm nice and dumb enough already.

The summary is that I don't like to do boring work, and sometimes I try so hard to make boring work interesting that I cause more problems for myself. While I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty when faced with a problem, it would be better to spend the time learning about the problem and planning out the best approach before I started. Oh, and I can get easily distracted...

On the plus side, apparently I've got a good attitude towards getting stuff done, I'm prepared to work hard when I need to, and I've got a good technical skill base. And (maybe most importantly) I'm doing a good job.

The question of Developer or Project Manager raised it's head again. Two years ago I was leaning towards PM. At the moment I think I'm leaning towards developer. But who knows?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?