Monday, June 05, 2006

 

Just Read: May

Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
Discovered: Karina's bedside table
About It: Robert Langdon is flown to Italy to stop the Illuminate from destroying the Vatican. It was probably a mistake to read this straight after Crytonomicon - I spent the first quarter of the book struggling not to throw it across the room. Eventually I discovered the secret of reading Dan Brown - don't worry about the details, just read for the plot. In the end it was a fun story, but nothing very special.
My Rating: 2.5/5

Abarat by Clive Barker
Discovered: Lifeline Book Fair
About It: A girl decides to leave school one day and eventually finds herself in another world. Abarat is children's book (or at least "young adult"), but was still lots. I enjoy Clive Barker's writing style, and it was good to read something strange and wonderful. I did find it amusing that after Angels & Demons had spent the last few days telling me how impossible ambigrams were, there was a great one on the cover of my very next book...
My Rating: 3.5/5

There would have been at least a third book to talk about, except I couldn't settle on anything. I spent about two weeks starting something, getting a few chapters in and then putting it down again. Ah well, such is life.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?