Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 

Census Time

We sat down last night to do the census. I realise I'm a bit strange, but I actually get pretty excited about things like the census and elections and stuff. I love "doing my bit" to help keep the wheels of Australia turning.

We did the form online, and I was impressed. No big load times, no time outs, nothing. I'm not sure if it's because we were doing it at about 10pm, if most people weren't doing it online, or if the ABS actually has their shit together (my guess is probably a combination of all three).

So, now that's done for another 5 years. When's the next election?

Comments:
Anytime between now and around October next year.

However, if Howard calls an election before the end of June, it will have to be a House election only or a double dissolution, as the Senate elections are now 8 months out of phase with the actual Senate terms.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?