Friday, September 08, 2006

 

To Crossing Another Geek Line?

This is an email to some friends. I decided to re-post here to see if I can get any more advice/reactions/help...
For some reason lately, I've had this really (as in really) strong desire to play something strategic with a collectible bend to it. A collectible card game, Pirates, clix, hell even a minis war game. I find myself going into logical choice and gazing longingly at all those seal packets of mystery. I want the challenge of putting together the right combination, of planning and strategy based on something that's unique to me and competing against someone else's uniqueness.

I keep telling myself that it's a bad idea. There's no one to play against. It's a waste of money. But the other part of me keeps saying "but it's not a waste of money if you're having fun, and you don't have to spend that much, and if someone else want to try it out as well, it would only be about the cost of a night at the movies..."

I'm not sure if the point of this email is so I can hear people say "no, don't do it!" or if it's to see if anyone says "yeah, that could be fun to try...". Maybe I'm hoping for both...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?