Tuesday, October 03, 2006

 

Just Read: September

Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
Discovered: Sydney airport, coming back from TechEd
About It: The follow up to American Gods, this is the story of two of Anansi's children, Fat Charlie and Spider. It's a lighter book then American Gods, but still just as interesting. It was nice to have focus on just a few gods after the pantheon in American Gods. Plus, how could I not like a book that was dedicated to me?
My Rating: 4/5

A Scanner Darkly by Philip K Dick
Discovered: At the back of my Philip K Dick Omnibus
About It: I wanted to read the story before I saw the movie. Like most of Philip K Dick's stories, A Scanner Darkly is about drugs. Unlike most of his stories, it focuses pretty heavily on the dangers of drug abuse. There's an author's note at the end of my copy that explains just how personal the story was. Pretty heavy, but also pretty good.
My Rating: 3.5/5

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?