Thursday, January 04, 2007

 

Just Read: December

Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
Discovered: I figured after nearly 15 years, I'd give it another read
About it: Louis is a vampire. And he's a bit bored of it. So he decides to tell some guy with a tape recorder all about it. It was a great story when I first read it, but I was an angsty teenager at the beginning of a massive vampire kick. This time around, it was tired and annoying. For most of the book I just kept thinking about Lestat's final line in the movie:
Oh, Louis, Louis. Still whining, Louis. Have you heard enough? I've had to listen to that for centuries....
My Rating: 2.5/5

Timeline by Michael Crichton
Discovered: A wondering book at the Crisp Cafe
About it: A big company has invented a time machine. The sent back a historian and loose him, so then send back his grad students. Of course, they don't actually get to that bit until half way through the book. Here's a hint - if your book is called "Timeline", and you talk about going back in time in the blurb, you don't need to spend half the book building up to the amazing revelation that the Mysterious Big Company has a time machine. 'Cause really, we kind of saw it coming...
My Rating: 2/5

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
Discovered: Post-Christmas sales
About it: Rather then sum up the plot of Fight Club, I'd rather just comment on my awesome copy of it. But I've already done that.
My Rating: 4/5

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?